jFractal - fractal rendering for Mac
jFractal is a fractal rendering program on Mac OS X.
- Customizable expression and colormap.
- Navigate with your trackpad.
- Parametric animation.
- Realtime rendering for navigation and animation.
- High resolution ‘Accurate’ mode for deep navigation.
- Export your fractal to a png file.
- Multisampling for ‘smoother’ rendering.
The Mandelbrot set is the set of complex values of c for which the orbit of 0 under iteration of the complex quadratic polynomial remains bounded.
In jFractal, you can change the quadratic polynomial to whatever you like.
If f is a polynomial, then is the boundary of the filled Julia set; that is, those points whose orbits under iterations of f remain bounded.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- OpenGL 2.1, GLSL 1.2 or later.